School may have just ended but Denville Social Services is already planning our annual Back to School Supply Drive for 2019. Many local families find it difficult to afford school supplies and we have over 100 children ranging from grades K-12 who need our help.
Every child deserves to start the school year off right and having the proper school supplies makes a tremendous impact – helping keep kids focused and learning at school. This where our community can help nurture tomorrow’s leaders, entrepreneurs, and inventors!
The drive will last from July 31st to August 21st. Please consider purchasing items from the list below and bringing them to the drop off sites listed. Many thanks to the local businesses who’ve agreed to participate!
If you would like to do a collection in your neighborhood, company, church or social group you can use the suggested list or feel free to contact Denville’s Social Service Coordinator, Stephen Dublanica at (973) 625 8300 ext 269 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Supplies Needed
*Backpacks, varying ages and genders * Pink Erasers/Eraser Caps
* Lunch boxes and totes (Great need!) * Colored Pencils
* 3-Ring Binders (.5’ & 1”) * Crayons
* 3-Ring Binders (1.5’ & 2”) * Highlighters
* Pocket Folders (with fasteners) * Markers
* Pocket Folders (with 3 holes) * Thin Dry Erase Markers (Black)
7 Pocket, poly accordion folder *Pencil Boxes & Pouches
* Single-Subject Notebooks *Fiskar Scissors (safety & regular)
* Multi-Subject Notebooks *Pencil Sharpeners
* Post-It Notes 3×3” *Rulers
* Index Cards 3×5” *Calculators
*Marble Composition Books *Glue Sticks
* Pens (various colors) *Smocks (for ages 5-8)
* Pencils (No.2) *Headphones/earbuds, with case
Denville Drop Off Sites: Provident Bank, Denville Hardware, St. Clare’s Hospital, Deville Dairy, Flowers by Candle-Light, Anchor Ace Hardware, Denville Community Chiropractic, Denville Library, Denville Township Hall.